Fighting Back Against Child Abuse

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finally, Some Progress

Monday and Tuesday were good days. The courthouse was interesting and entertaining. I'm still concerned about some of the stories I'm hearing there, though. They're awfully sad. I have to wonder if the people at CPS don't realize that we love our children?

Today I talked with an attorney who stopped and asked what my sign was about. It seems his sister had a baby one year old. The sister and her husband went out one night, and hired an older lady to babysit. The next day, the babysitter called CPS and reported that she didn't think the baby looked like she was being fed properly. CPS took the baby, placed her in a foster home, and kept her there for a year. That just seems incredible. All the heartache for the parents simply because the babysitter didn't think the baby looked like she was being fed properly. Makes you wonder where we're living. Is this the old Soviet Union, where everything - including our children - is the property of the state?

Enough. Tomorrow's the day to finally make some progress. Tomorrow we file a motion for a hearing on custody for the boys. The lawyer we retained thinks that's the best way to go. He seems very competent, so we're taking him at his word. He's counting on me to actually file the thing, so I hope I can handle it. I think so. All I have to do is carry it into the clerk's office. Won't they be shocked to see me actually come into the building? It'll be something different.

The hearing on the motion will be Monday afternoon, I believe. I hope the judge grants the motion and gives us a quick hearing on the custody issue. If it goes well, we should have the boys to a safe place soon. I'm certainly praying for that. Just to be honest, the stress is beginning to wear me down.

Enough for tonight. Tomorrow I'll let you know how it went at the clerk's office. Keep your fingers crossed.