Fighting Back Against Child Abuse

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Answer to Quiz

Okay. Here's where we find out your qualifications as a judge. Can you really think legally, like the fine judicial minds at our Family Court downtown.

I'm guessing that most of you sent the kids in our quiz home with their father. After all, they aren't exactly safe in a house where drive-by shooting occur. And the house is owned by their step-father, rather than their real father. So it only makes sense to grant custody to their father and send them home with him. Right?

Wrong. The judge sent them home with the step-father.

Don't feel bad. I voted with you. Why the judge didn't get them out of a drug environment, I can't understand. But that's judicial reasoning in this town. Maybe it's time for some new Family Court judges?

Friday was an interesting day at the courthouse. Students were coming in from all over the state for some kind of mock trial. There were hundreds of them. That means, of course, that we got our message out statewide. I was pleased. It was a great opportunity. I did my best to make the most of it.

I've noticed something down there. The CPS people seem grumpy towards me. No matter how nicely I smile and say, "Good morning," they never answer back. They just sort of scowl and move on. I'm beginning to suspect they don't like me. Gee. I hate that.

Jennifer stalled on giving up the boys this weekend. I suspected maybe she had done something to one of them, so I had their father take the police over there and examine them. They seemed to be okay, except Ryan has a rash. She took them to the doctor this morning, and then gave them up this afternoon. They were ecstatic to get away from her.

Well, guess that's it until Monday. The lawyer we're working with is a real crackerjack. I heard from him several times yesterday, and he's obviously working away. I like that. If you need a good lawyer, let me know.

Catch you Monday night.